If you’ve been following our John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Catering’s Facebook page, you’ve recently seen a post about our incredible Latin inspired Pernil!
Pernil is a delicious, slow-roasted marinated pork dish usually made with lots of citrus and a spicy adobo seasoning. It’s cooked for hours and hours until it falls off the bone.
It is one of our most requested items for our Chef Carved Meat Stations!
Right alongside our Pernil, you will find a pairing of three delicious condiments – Sweet Barbecue Sauce, Pomerey Mustard, and our incredible Jalapeño Lime Butter.
With so many of you getting adventurous with your cooking during your time at home, we thought we would share this flavorful and easy to make recipe.
Not only is our chef’s famous Jalapeño Lime Butter easy to make, but it will also pair perfectly with all those meats and vegetables you are grilling.
Here’s everything you’ll need to know to make this savory condiment.
Jalapeño Lime Butter
· 1 jalapeño stemmed and seeded
· 3 garlic cloves
· 1/2 Cup unsalted butter softened
· 1/2 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
· 2 Teaspoon lime zest
· 1 Teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
· 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (or to taste)
· cilantro leaves from 2-3 sprigs
1. Finely chop the jalapeño, garlic cloves, and cilantro.
2. Add the chopped goodies to a bowl with the remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
3. Cover and refrigerate until you are ready to use.
Seriously! It’s THAT easy! We cannot wait to see all the yummy foods you make using this versatile Jalapeño Lime Butter.
Don’t forget that our John Michael Exquisite Weddings and Catering team offers delivered or pickup catering orders for ten or more people with individual packaging available, as needed. Additionally, we are available for public catered events dependent on your facilities’ guidelines.
We have implemented staff and guest protocols for your safety and comfort for all of our catering functions.
Call us today to discuss your upcoming event and our safety protocols!